– noticed an upcoming influx of visitors to DC for the Nation’s Classic and HU Homecoming
– realized that many visitors would be from areas with nightlife options available beyond the 3am curfew in DC
– partnered with DCtoBC and select DJs to reach visitors with an appreciation for “open format” music
– activated an after-hours event under the acronym W.H.A.T. (What Happens After That)
– attracted a large set of urban, college-educated attendees spanning the east-coast
Living in DC at times can be quite annoying. As the Nation’s Capital there are often large conferences and gatherings flush with people from all over, who bring their own events, brands, and sponsors often with disregard to local creatives and producers. In an act of protest, I concepted the WHATparty. Produced alongside DCtoBC at the Warehouse Loft, #WHATparty pulled a fast one on both local and foreign produced events, by literally creating our own lane during the weekends of the Nation’s Classic, and Howard Homecoming.